The Informal meeting of the Competitiveness Council will focus on a number of priority issues under key themes including “SMEs as drivers of growth”, "Challenges for Copyright in the Digital Era", "Optimising the Innovaton Ecosystem" and "Optimising the Benefits of Research Investment for European jobs, growth and society."
The Council will meet over two days incorporating two distinct areas.
Day 1 (2 May)
Day one will focus on Research and Innovation with a theme of “How to optimise the benefits of European research investment for European jobs, growth and society". This will include examination of the following topics:
- Ways in which the European research system can better support jobs, growth and societal wellbeing
- How European research investment can enhance the competitiveness of European industry and increase the innovative capacity of Europe’s SME’s
Day 2 (3 May)
Day two will focus on Industry, Internal Market and Enterprise. Topics for day two will include:
- Access to Finance – venture capital and its use in growing internationally trading global companies
- Internationalisation of SMEs - potential opportunities for EU enterprises in global markets
- Entrepreneurship - cities and regions as hubs for innovation and entrepreneurship